Want to win a sparkling afternoon tea for two? Enter our summer writing competition

The delights of summer in Durham

The exam season is drawing to a close, so it is time to start thinking about what to do in the few weeks of freedom before the end of term.

As our section is the part of The Bubble that focuses on news and goings on in the local area, we want to hear about what you are planning to do after you have sat your last exam.

Is there a particular event you are looking forward to? Or perhaps you are planning to spend the last few weeks relaxing outside, depending on the weather…

Send us an article of a maximum of 400 words about you favourite thing to do in Durham after exams.

We are looking for entries that display a strong writing style and, most importantly, originality!

Thanks to generous sponsorship from Crook Hall – an amazing visitor attraction at the heart of Durham city – the winner will receive a sparkling afternoon tea for two, which can be enjoyed at any time this summer.

Take a look at our review to see what is up for grabs. Here are the key details:

Theme: ‘My favourite thing to do in Durham after exams’

Rules: Word limit is 400 words; entries to features@thebubble.org.uk by Sunday 15 June at midnight; articles must relate to Durham or the wider North East region.

Prize: Publication on our website, and a delicious sparkling afternoon tea for two (worth £44). Winner and runners up will be displayed on the website.

Please share on Twitter or like our Facebook page to be entered into a draw to win two hot drinks from Esquires.