End the term in style by whipping up one of these delicious cocktails before exam season descends upon us…
Arguably the queen of all cocktails. So refreshing, so tasty, and a perfect accompaniment for final reunions with friends. So why pay £15 for a jug in Fabio’s when you can create your own at a fraction of the cost and with a more than generous portion of rum?
Try out one of these fruity variations or stick with the classic.
- a generous glug of white or dark rum (or both)
- 1/2 a lime
- a handful of mint leaves
- 1 heaped teaspoon of white of brown sugar (following your choice of rum)
- crushed ice
- soda water
- optional: a handful of raspberries and a large splash of raspberry vodka. (Warning: this is quite a powerful start to the night.)
- cut up the lime into wedges, and muddle in the bottom of a glass with the mint leaves, sugar and raspberries, if you are using them. (‘Muddle’ essentially means ‘squish’… don’t skip this stage!)
- half fill the glass with crushed ice, add the rum, and keep stirring until the sugar dissolves completely
- top up with raspberry vodka (if you’re feeling brave), soda water, and garnish with mint leaves.
Bellini or Bucks-fizz
If you don’t fancy the effort of muddling some Mojitos then is the perfect cocktail for you; it’s ridiculously easy and so delicious. Prosecco is perfect for creating a celebratory vibe, even if you haven’t really achieved anything this term.
- one part peach puree or orange juice
- two parts Prosecco
Gin and tonic
So easy and so economical. While you could pour Bombay sapphire gin over Fever-tree tonic water, Tesco has a delicious lime tonic water at 45p, with Gordon’s gin available at £14.
- vary the ratio depending on your mood, and add a liberal squeeze of lime.