Preview: Collingwood Charity Fashion Show

This charity fashion show shouldn’t be missed!

Perfectly timed to coincide with the end of London Fashion Week, the Collingwood Charity Fashion Show on Friday 22nd February 2013 promises to be an evening full of sashaying models, exquisite pieces of clothing and high octane dance routines. The overarching theme, burlesque. But do not let that fool you, clothes have been sourced from both staple high street stores such as Lipsy, New Look and Durham’s very own Sorella Boutique, as well as designs from those oh so delectable independent designers. Expect sumptuous pieces from fashion graduate, Munufe Kara, in an array of pastel shades, as well as bespoke men’s tailoring from Chet Alexander and unconventional European apparel wear from the up and coming fashion house, Holyghost. Olivia Tarpey’s designs are also set to make a return to Collingwood’s catwalk, with her highly desirable dresses proving a hit at last year’s fashion show. Whilst playing with the dramatic theme of burlesque, the show aims to show case a glimpse of each designers spring summer collection, perfectly tailored for the streets of Durham and providing an abundance of fashion inspiration for post exam outfits.

Those working tiresomely behind the scenes to insure that the night is an overwhelming success hope to better the total £4000 raised at last year’s show, which saw £2000 donated to breast cancer research and the other £2000 going towards the charity C.R.Y (Cardiac Risk in the Young). Undoubtedly, this year’s show has a more personal note, with all the proceeds being raised to help C.R.Y set up a heart screening facility in Durham under the name of Sara Pilkington, who sadly passed away last year. A worthy cause which deserves a glamorous event such as this to raise as much money as possible.

Set under a backdrop worthy of the Moulin Rouge, guests will not only be treated to an ever so chic runway show, but also appearances from the dance group, TROUPE, who recently performed at the Durham University Charity Fashion show, and the Durham University Street Competition Team who secured first place at a recent advanced street style competition in Newcastle. If a melee of statuesque models, beautiful designs and award winning dance acts isn’t enough to whet your appetite, guests will be free to sip a spot of bubbly (or the college beverage) at the bar whilst treating their ears to the live music provided by a selection of house bands.

It starts at 8.30 in Collingwood College. Without a doubt, the evening will be a perfectly chic event enabling men and women alike to don their most stylist attire for an evening London Fashion Week would be proud to host.