An Exciting Career and Networking Opportunity for Durham Students

Do you want to gain valuable career advice from an industry expert? Robin Fieth, Chief Executive of Building Societies Association (BSA) and Durham University alumni, will be hosting a free talk on Monday 21st January at 6.30pm in CG83 (Chemistry department). 

Robin will draw on his wide experience from the student world to the world of commerce and social enterprise to share his personal journey and perspectives on leadership. This is a unique opportunity for students to gain insights from and network with an industry expert and to receive valuable advice and guidance on their future career journey.

Robin Fieth graduated with a BA (Hons) in Geography from Durham University in 1986 and went on to qualify as a chartered accountant with the firm that is now PwC. With a career that had spanned accountancy practice, listed companies and mutual organisations, Robin is currently Chief Executive of the Building Societies Association, the 150 year old trade association which champions and supports all the UK’s building societies and some of its largest credit unions. If you’re interested in Robin’s talk, RSVP your attendance by emailing florianne.humphrey@durham.ac.uk.

Robin’s talk is part of Experience Durham’s Leadership and Personal Development Programme.  The programme matches over fifty students in various leadership roles with Durham alumni who are leading in industries such as the armed forces, the arts, law and sports. The mentors provide personalised support and guidance, networking opportunities and career advice to students during their time at Durham.

As well as formal dinner events, workshops and one-to-one meetings, the students have the opportunity to attend a Speaker Series throughout the year that is open to the wider student body, which includes Robin’s talk and many more.

Another exciting opportunity for student leaders is the Emerging Leadership Programme in partnership with the Northumbria Universities Officers training corps. This all-day programme, taking place on Saturday 26th January, is free and open to Durham University students who wish to develop their Leadership skills, enhance their CV and prepare themselves for taking on an executive position within their club or society. To book your place on the programme and to find out more about the day’s itinerary, please email: alex.baguley@durham.ac.uk.

If you want updates about other talks in the Speaker Series or other opportunities from Experience Durham Leadership Programme, check out their Facebook page www.facebook.com/durhamleadership/.