A Free Talk for Students Hosted by Former Partner of Clifford Chance

A free talk for students hosted by former partner of Clifford Chance

James Johnson, former banking partner with Clifford Chance, will be hosting a free talk about ‘Leadership in Commercial Negotiation’ on Thursday 2nd May, 5.30-6.30pm, PCL048 (Hogan Lovells lecture theatre), with questions afterwards. 

A unique opportunity to learn from an expert

James’s talk will be a unique opportunity to network with an industry expert, receive valuable career advice, and access exclusive insights about working for multinational companies.

James is a Durham University alumni and mentor on the Experience Durham Leadership Programme. He graduated from Collingwood College with a degree in Law.

Insights from years of high-profile job positions

The talk will focus on negotiating within the context of a commercial relationship, which many students will have to do in their future careers. It will include advice on the dos and don’ts of negotiation and the rationale behind them.

James will draw insights from his experience of over 25 years as a banking partner with City law firms, latterly with Clifford Chance, a multinational law firm and a member of the ‘Magic Circle’. James was also director of Leicester City FC for four years, which included work on the consortium run by Gary Lineker to rescue Leicester City FC from administration.

Supporting student leadership development

James’s talk is part of the wider Experience Durham Leadership Programme, a three-pronged mentoring and personal development programme. The Programme gives students access to personalised one-to-one mentoring, a bespoke Speaker Series, and free resources and training on leadership theory and practice.

Applications for Experience Durham Leadership Programme 2019/20 are now open. To find out more about the Programme and how to apply  follow the Programme’s social media pages:
Facebook – @durhamleadership
Instagram @durhamleadership
Twitter @durham_leaders