Introducing: Coffee House Sessions and Mike Watson

This year we’ll be introducing you to a host of artists via Coffee House Sessions an exciting new platform that you’ll soon know about. ‘Coffee House sessions’ or ‘CHS’ for some is an exciting new music platform, it was only formed in 2013. Essentially it is comprised of Fresh, exciting and young artists performing across student union coffee shops across the nation. CHS have toured over 80 artistes since their founding and have delivered more than 3,000 performances. These sessions have helped to establish the careers of many fantastic artists that you have come to know and love such as  Tom Walker, Seafret, The Shires , Gavin James, Ady Suleiman and Brit nominee Izzy Bizu.

Big labels now acknowledge that such a platform is an integral part live music offering in nearly 20 students’ unions across the UK, Durham is now amongst that list! Labels like Universal, Sony and Warner have now caught on to this fact and utilise CHS.  The industry is listing BBC Introducing Kent and BBC Radio 1’s DJ Abbie McCarthy tellingly states the following
Coffee House Sessions have got it spot on. It’s a great platform for brand new and emerging artists.”

There is undoubtedly a huge shift in moving audiences away from alcohol-centric venues and Coffee House Sessions are there to plug the gap and provide what they refer to as ‘Freshly Brewed New Music’ where the audience already are… in coffee houses…Or Dunelm for you!

Over half a century ago coffee houses were needed to propel amazing talent to the forefront it is said that the legendary Bob Dylan honed in on his craft in tat matter. CHS hope to take things the full circle with the UK’s biggest daytime touring platform.

You will be able to check them out on Thursday! Mike Watson  will be coming to Durham on Thursday 12th October for the first Coffee House Sessions of the 2017 / 2018 academic year. You can catch him in the Riverside Cafe ( DSU) at 4.00pm.

As with all their acts they all have story’s to tell, Mike was previously in a Sony-signed boyband who happened to have a number in Japan! He’s now flying solo and appears to be finding a lot of success, he has supported the likes of Maroon 5 and Magic! on tour across Europe. You can expect Mike to play a mix of originals and commercial pop covers on his Coffee House Sessions tour, including his new single ‘Lying For Love’.

Make sure you’re following @coffeehousetour on FacebookTwitter and Instagram!