From Durham University to the Global Stage: Steven Greenhalgh Talks to Students About Working in Theatre

Interested in a career in the Arts? Steven Greenhalgh, UK Rights Director for Samuel French Ltd., will be hosting a free talk on Friday 15th February, 5.30pm-6.30pm in PCL050 (Law School), with questions afterwards. Steven’s talk will be a unique opportunity to network with an industry expert, receive valuable career advice, and access exclusive insights about a global company.

Samuel French Ltd publishes and licenses plays and musicals all over the world to both professional and amateur theatre makers. Over the last 188 years Samuel French has built an extensive catalogue of greats including Noel Coward, Alan Bennet, Tom Stoppard and Agatha Christie, recent Pulitzer Prize winners such as Annie Baker plus a broad catalogue of titles including Chicago, The Rocky Horror Show and Everybody’s Talking about Jamie. Steven’s role includes protecting Samuel French’s many existing relationships with clients and identifying new and emerging authors and composers.

Steven will share insights about working in the Arts and advice on how graduates can forge a career in writing, directing, acting, producing, or arts administration, both in terms of personal development and pursuing opportunities. Steven will also discuss his own career journey since graduating from Durham and his current role at Samuel French.

Steven is a Durham University alumni and a mentor on the Experience Durham Leadership Programme. He graduated from University College with a degree in Theology and was the President of Castle Theatre Company.

A drinks reception will be available after his talk and Steven will be able to answer questions, and form small discussion groups.

For further information, please contact: Chantelle Cumming at chantelle.cumming@durham.ac.uk

Please confirm your attendance to Florianne Humphrey at florianne.humphrey@durham.ac.uk

To stay up-to-date about more talks on the Speaker Series, like the Leadership Programme’s Facebook page: @Durhamleadership