This is a wonderful recipe that is perfect for treating yourself with, especially during summative season! Serve with some fresh strawberries for that extra indulgent touch.
Ingredients (Makes 1 whole cake):
For the cake:
- 2 eggs
- 225g of sugar
- 225g of self raising flour
- 225g of butter
- 126g of galaxy counters
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 130g of butter
- 100g of white chocolate
- 250g of icing sugar, to serve
For the cake:
- First slightly warm the butter so it’s easier to whisk, then pop it in a bowl, add in the sugar and mix.
- Next, add in the eggs and then beat.
- Add in the flour and beat.
- Add in the vanilla extract and beat.
- Finally, add in the galaxy counters and give it a stir with a spoon.
- Line 2 baking tins with baking paper, pour equal amounts of the mix into each.
- Pop them in the oven for approx. 12 minutes before covering with a tin foil (this stops it burning) and bake for a further 8 minutes.
- Let the cake cool.
For the icing:
- Whilst the cake is cooking, melt the white chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
- Pop a fork in between the edge of the pan and the bowl to let some steam out.
- Slightly warm the butter, add in the icing sugar, then the chocolate and whisk everything together.
- When the cakes have cooled, spread the icing on one of the cakes and then sandwich them together.
- Finally, top with icing sugar and enjoy!
For the original recipe and video, visit Barking Baking.
P.S. Follow @TheBubble_Food on Instagram for your dose of all things good & yummy!