Naughty Tea Party Treats

Boozy Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Liqueur Butter Cream

This delicious vanilla cupcake recipe with strawberry liqueur is perfect for a tea party or even a dinner party dessert. The boozy butter cream is a delightful addition to the tradition flavour of a vanilla cupcake.

Here is how you make my Boozy Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Liqueur Butter Cream:

For the cakes

200g Butter (at room temperature)

200g Caster Sugar

200g Plain Flour

1 ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract

3 Free Range Organic Eggs

Pinch of Salt

1 ½ tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda

For the Butter Cream

500g Icing Sugar

250g Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)

2 tsp Pure Strawberry Extract

6 tbsp Strawberry Liquor

Method

– Set your oven to 180C and line a cupcake baking tray with paper cupcake liners.

– In a clean, dry bowl add your butter and beat continuously for 5 minutes until the butter has turned from a yellow colour to a pale cream colour.

– Once this colour change occurs, the butter has become fully aerated and is ready for the addition of sugar. Add your sugar and beat again until the texture becomes light and fluffy.

– Now that you sugar has been added, add your eggs in one by one ensuring that each egg has been well mixed in before the next addition of egg.

– In a separate clean bowl, add your flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Stir with a spoon.

– Pour your flour mixture into your wet egg mixture 1/3 at a time ensuring each addition has been well mixed in before the next addition.

– Once those ingredients have been added together add in your pure vanilla extract and mix again.

– Now, spoon your cupcakes batter into your paper cupcake liners until they are 2/3 full, this will leave enough space for the cupcakes to rise in the oven without any overspill.

– Place your cupcakes in the oven and leave to bake for 20 minutes, until the cupcakes appear golden and they spring back to the touch.

– Another way to check if your cupcakes are ready is by inserting a skewer and if it comes out clean, then you cupcakes are ready.

– Remove your cupcakes from the oven and leave to stand in the cupcake baking tin for 5 minutes.

– Once these 5 minutes are up, remove your cupcakes from the baking tin and leave to stand on a wire cooling rack until completely cold.

– Whilst your cupcakes are cooling, this will give you the perfect amount of time to make your butter cream icing.

– So, in a cool, dry bowl add your butter and beat continuously for 5 minutes until the colour changes from a yellow colour to a pale cream colour.

– Once the colour change occurs, add in the icing sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. This will take a little bit of elbow grease and time. However, if you add too much icing sugar in at once, the icing sugar will end up all over the place other than in your butter cream.

– Once your icing sugar has been added, add in your strawberry extract and strawberry liquor. Mix again until the consistency becomes that of butter cream.

– Pipe your butter cream onto the cupcake bases and serve.

Hope you have enjoyed this recipe and if you’re looking for more tasty and delicious treats don’t forget to check out our website www.jenniferscakes.co.uk.

Super Simple Chocolate Orange Muffins

There is nothing more delicious than the combination of chocolate and orange, so why not make it into a cupcake? My husband’s obsession with chocolate orange just fuelled my need to make it into a cake. This divine recipe is perfect to serve at tea time or as a naughty night time treat.

Here is how you make my phenomenal Chocolate Orange Cupcakes:

Ingredients

140g Self Raising Flour

60g Cocoa Powder

2 Large Free Range Eggs

100g Caster Sugar

150ml Milk

80ml Sunflower Oil

Zest of 1 Orange

1 tsp Pure Orange Extract

Method

– Preheat the oven to 180C and line a muffin baking tray with paper cupcake liners.

– Zest your orange and place that into a large, clean, dry bowl. – Pour your flour, cocoa powder and sugar into a bowl and stir. – Add your zest into the bowl with the flour and sugar.

– In a separate bowl add your eggs, oil, milk and orange extract and beat continuously until well incorporated.

– Now, pour your wet ingredients into your dry flour mixture 1/3 at a time, ensuring that each third has been well mixed in before the next addition.

– Once all of the ingredients have been well combined, spoon your batter into the muffin paper liners until they are 2/3 full, this will prevent any over spill during the baking process.

– Bake your muffins for 20 minutes, until you can either, insert a skewer into the centre of the cupcakes and remove it clean or they spring back to the touch. – Once they are ready, remove the muffins from the oven and leave to stand in their baking tray for 5 minutes.

– Once these 5 minutes are up, remove them from the baking tray and leave to stand on a wire cooling rack until fully cold.

Serve with some chocolate orange or just a simple cup of tea for a delightful surprise on the taste buds.

Enjoy!

If you would like to see any more delicious cake and cupcake recipes, check out our website http://www.jenniferscakes.co.uk