This is a quick and simple recipe, perfect as a starter or a main.
(Serves four as a starter)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 lemongrass sticks
- 2 Limes
- Olive oil
- Coriander to garnish
- Red curry paste ingredients
- 200g coconut cream block (cut into chunks)
- 180ml sweet chilli sauce
- 15g grated ginger
- 15g garlic puree
- 120ml water
- 250g fresh coriander stalks
- 1tsp lemon juice
Make a start by preparing the red curry paste; you will be using this to baste the chicken as it cooks. If you have time, you can allow the flavors to develop further by making the paste the day before, then store in the refrigerator until needed.
To serve as a light main course, simply arrange each skewer on a bed of boiled rice scented with lime juice and sprinkled with a little finely chopped coriander.
- Blitz together all the curry paste ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Chop each chicken breast into eight equal size pieces and thread each diced breast onto a stick of lemongrass.
- Lightly oil each skewer and place onto moderately hot grill pan.
- Cook the skewers for four minutes on each side, basting with the red curry paste whilst turning.
- When cooked remove from grill pan and lightly brush with a little more of the remaining paste and place on warm plates.