The Review: Glossybox November 2016

What is it?

Glossybox is a monthly beauty subscription service. Pay monthly, receive a gift on your doorstep. As a self-proclaimed beauty buff, I’ve been subscribed to Glossybox deliveries for many months now. The service describes itself as a selection of “the most coveted beauty products, beautifully wrapped in signature pink box and delivered straight to your door”.

unknown

Five products are selected every month by industry experts in line with current trends and taking your beauty preferences into consideration. Their tagline is: the ultimate beauty experience and so far, I agree.

How much is it?

The service is £10 per month (plus P&P of £3.25) and you can choose from a 3, 6 or 12 month plan. Perfect as a monthly treat to yourself or as a gift for a friend or family member this Christmas.

You can sign up here:  http://www.glossybox.co.uk/join

Is it worth it?

…If you love beauty then, definitely. Glossybox is the perfect solution for discovering new movements in the beauty industry as well as receiving a monthly gift box of tailored products for your taste and skin type that you might not have tried otherwise. The total value of products included largely surpasses the £10 fee, as you will see in the breakdown of products this month below, so, financially, the box is great value.

This month?

Editorial Director, Evie Leatham, describes this month’s offering as a preparation for the fast- approaching party season that starts next month.

glossybox

As your first step in preparation, you receive 111Skin Gold Brightening Facial Treatment Mask – RRP £20 per mask. Sheet masks are everywhere on beauty blogs and across magazine spreads this season and this gold infused one from 111Skin is a luxurious addition to the box. Gold within a face mask is ideal for revitalising a dull complexion and boosting overall radiance ahead of a big event. On top of this, this mask is packed with ingredients to diminish inflammation, blemishes and reduce any clear signs of ageing. Keep an eye out for gold in products’ ingredients lists to help improve circulation and consequently increase its vitality.

111skin

In order to guarantee a good night’s sleep before your Christmas party, you’ll receive a sample of This Work’s deep sleep pillow spray – RRP £16. This sample size of a cult classic is packed full of essential oils including French Lavender, Vetivert and Wild Chamomile to aid a restful and effective sleep. I have been using the stuff for years and can vouch that it does indeed do exactly what it says on the tin. Top marks.

On to the makeup prep itself and my favourite thing in the box this month, you receive a Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Bubble 07 from De Bruyère Beauté – RRP £15. This premium French brand specialise in paraben-free products. The slightly shimmery taupe colour of this jumbo pencil is an ideal shade for transitioning your daytime/work-appropriate make-up look to your more amped-up nighttime version. The formula is creamy and smooth but doesn’t try down too quickly, leaving enough time to work with the product or add another. Shade the stick all over the lid and onto the lower lashline and use the next product to smoke it out into the crease.

To achieve the perfect smokey eye with cream or powder, use the enclosed Large Tapered Blending Brush by Ruby Professional – RRP 8€. The absolute key to a sleek eye look is always in the tools. This duo-fibre blending brush from Ruby Professional is a great addition to any make-up kit and works seamlessly in the crease. Using a matte, darker shadow to contour the crease of your lid will allow your eyes to appear bigger and more open. If eyes aren’t your thing, use this brush to gently contour the nose with a cool-toned powder – I particularly recommend The Sculpting Powder from Kevyn Aucoin for this.

Lastly, for the finishing touch to your party look, use the Looks So Natural Lashes from KISS – £4.95 RRP. Whilst I am not the most inclined to using false lashes regularly, it’s always useful to have a few pairs in your collection for last-minute events. I have never tried anything from KISS before so was intrigued to have something from the brand in my stash. These Looks So Natural Lashes don’t quite appear as so to me but with a smokey eye and gel liner to disguise the thick lash band, I’m sure they would be a worthwhile last-step to intensify the look.

Follow us on Instagram @thebubblefashionbeauty