The Bubble Playlist No. 19: Campfire Tunes

Check out the playlist here!

Songs with just the right amount of finger-picking and nature references to be worthy of a campfire jam session in the woods somewhere.

The Lumineers- Ho Hey
There is something about The Lumineers that make their music seem like the efforts of gang of cheerful mountain folk, and it’s awesome.

The Head and the Heart- Winter Song
It really seems like Seattle produces a disproportionate number of popular bands with Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses and Modest Mouse to name just a few. The Head and the Heart are another Seattle-based group definitely worth a listen to, and this a rather melancholic, finger-picking song about winter’s arrival.

A.A. Bondy- Vice Rag
Praising cocaine, heroin, whiskey, the Devil and Jesus in the space of two minutes means this song has earned a place on this list.

Josh Ritter- Come and Find Me
Fans of Josh Ritter tend to mention his great song-writing ability, but in Come and Find Me the lyrics take a bit of a backseat and guitar takes over.

The Tallest Man on Earth- Love is All
The eerie and unsettling lyrics of this song make Kristian Matsson sounds a bit like an angry nature spirit.

Foster the People- Pumped Up Kicks (acoustic)
Whilst it was the original version of this song that became a big hit, there’s something ridiculously suave and cool about the acoustic version.

Ugly Casanova- Smoke Like Ribbons
An unfortunately inactive side project of Modest Mouse, Ugly Casanova offer intricate melodies and a wide array of folksy sounds that blend to make a really unique sound.

The Tallest Man on Earth- Troubles Will Be Gone
Another Tallest Man song and a little more cheerful than the last, with bright finger-picking and uplifting lyrics aplenty.

Joe Pug- Hymn 101
Joe Pug has made a name for himself from his deep and introspective lyrics, and Hymn 101 is Joe Pug at his very best!

The Wood Brothers- One More Day
The Wood Brothers do things with their instruments that I don’t quite understand, and the result is a sound that sounds bluesy, folksy and highly unusual.

Blitzen Trapper- Furr
A song about a boy who stumbles upon a group of wolves and is drawn into the pack before long.