The Bubble Playlist No. 1

What have the music writers been listening to this week?

The Bubble Jukebox

Fritz Kalkbrenner – Facing The Sun

“Fritz offers us another summer sound – nostalgic lyrics softened by a chirpy guitar bounce. Upload to iPod and look forward to seeing North Road in a different light.”

Max Mackay

Foals – Total Life Forever

“One of the few tracks on the album which still incorporates the style that they are famous for: gently inter-weaving, syncopated guitars. Lyrically, make of it what you will, but the rhythms are innovative and brilliantly put together.”

Tim Barrow

Deerhoof – Apple Bomb

“Deerhoof mix sugary melodies with an experimental spirit. On first listen they may sound deliberately noisy and childish, but give them a few more goes and you’ll soon succumb to their charm.”

Dan Jeffries

Eluvium – Taken

“Recorded in just one take with a loop pedal, ‘Taken’ is a euphoric triumph of the ambient guitar genre.”

Tom Adams

DJ Shadow – Midnight In A Perfect World

“A quintessential pre-deadline chill out track from the masterful DJ Shadow – enjoy.”

Gareth Carter

Everything Everything – Photoshop Handsome

“Just over 3 minutes of quirky, high-pitched, high-octane indie indulgence that cannot help but get you nodding your head in assent.”

James Day

Bassekou Koyateé & Ngoni Ba – The River Tune

“It’s hard not to spend the duration of this track smiling. Bassekou Koyateé is a master of the Malian Ngoni (a plucked lute), playing complex rhythms under the influence of Blues.”

Dan Jeffries

The Cinematic Orchestra – To Build A Home

“You know, the one off that Sky Atlantic advert with Dustin Hoffman. Stories that are so powerful… yep, that’s the one.”

Jonty Carr

To listen and subscribe to The Bubble Playlist on Spotify click here

And on YouTube here