Writer’s Block Part 2

“Never-changing specials board”. I see no need for change

Last week we gave you the teaser for our game of fictional Consequences. This week we give you the next installation, selected from the submissions received. Email your version of the next 200 words by 12pm Thursday 17th November, and then wait and see if it makes it into our story.

Previous week:

Victor loved to people-watch. Today he had chosen his favourite spot, just by the fountain, where he had a good enough view of two sides of the square to be able to see where people were coming from, watch them pass by the little café with the never-changing ‘specials’ board, and follow them until they disappeared down the side street which led to the watchmakers. But today something seemed different. The water seemed a little more unsettled. The not-quite-encrusted chewing gum he usually had to avoid when settling into his observation post had disappeared. And then he saw it…

This week:

…a piano falling, unarguably, to the street. He thought heavily in the moment before the thing landed. This was happening. He was a privileged witness, inheriting every moment from luck. He smiled to himself. The seconds were molasses in the quiet afternoon sun. He considered how majestic the ebony box looked drifting through the air, how no one would ever appreciate this moment as he was appreciating it now and how he ought to be seen doing something to help the woman whom the piano was about to kill….