Student Volunteering Week 2012

Volunteer with SCA!

Now in its tenth year and still going strong, Student Volunteering Week is coming to Durham. Last year, students gave over 3 million hours to do some good in their local communities, and here at Durham we are proud to be providing a decent chunk of that ourselves. Whether you are a regular volunteer or not, this national initiative is making it easier than ever to get involved between 20th-26th February 2012.

Maybe now that many of us have left our new year’s resolutions behind in January, this opportunity to try something new could be just what you’re looking for.

Both in Durham and on Queen’s Campus, SCA will be offering opportunities to any Durham student to get involved and volunteer some of your free time to help out in the community. As always, there is a huge range of possibilities in every type of setting – from decorating to dog walking and everything in between.

Also, if you are at Stevo or John Snow, look out for the Queen’s campus competition to gain £200 to set up a project of your choice. If you have dreamt up an idea for a great project that nobody has thought of, SCA will provide the funding, the expertise and the volunteers. The project can be absolutely anything that you feel will benefit the local community.

If you want to be part of Student Volunteering Week then get in touch:

Email community.action@dur.ac.uk or pop into the Durham office Monday – Friday, 10 – 4.30pm (Level C DSU) or the Queen’s office Monday – Wednesday, 10 – 4.30pm (Room D215 Ebsworth Building).